Time: 30 min.Prep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min.
Calories: 225 calories/serving (approx.)
- 2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 stick margarine
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a saucepan, combine and bring to a boil water, margarine, shortening and cocoa.
- Pour over flour and sugar mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients. Bake in a greased 11 x 17 pan (jelly roll pan).
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Using same sauce pan you used for above, combine: 1 stick margarine 1/3 c. sweet milk 3 1/2 T. cocoa Heat till margarine is melted and all ingredients are well combined. Add 1 lb. powdered sugar, 1/2 c. chopped nuts and 1 t. vanilla.
- Pour over cake immediately as it comes from oven.